|Edwards, Melinda||(318) 992-2161 ex.402||Supervisor, Child Welfare and Attendance; SIS Coordinator|
Teachers and Paraprofessionals:
For Bullying Training, please contact your school's Principal.
LASALLE DEWS PLAN of ACTION SY16.17
Drop-Out Early Warning System
Grades 7 thru 12
PURPOSE of DEWS:
- Prevent students from dropping out of school and to increase their likelihood to graduate and become productive citizens in society.
- Reduce drop-out rates and increase graduation rates.
Identify the At-Risk:
- At-risk students are being “flagged” for Attendance, Discipline, GPA, and Age
- Automatic emails are sent to the appropriate stakeholders – Building Level, District, and State as they are generated by JCAMPUS.
- School teams of various disciplines intervene with action plans designed to meet the individual needs of the student as it applies to the areas of concern.
Record & Track:
- A student who is determined to be in need of DEWS interventions are documented and tracked via JCAMPUS log, court reports & other forms of documentation as deemed appropriate.
- Successes are reported to the DEWS District Coordinator on a monthly basis.
DEWS Coordinators by School:
District Coordinator: Melinda Edwards, Supervisor CW&A
Jena High School: Glen Joiner & Anthony Jackson
LaSalle High School: Greg Jones
LaSalle Junior High School: Stephanie Clark
Jena Junior High School: Rhonda Russell and Jessica Marks
Nebo Elementary School: Deborah Mayo
Fellowship Elementary School: Brandy Brunson