STUDENT DRESS CODE
Grades Pre-K - 5
The dress and grooming of LaSalle Parish students shall be neat and clean, promoting a positive, safe educational environment. Apparel that disrupts educational activities and processes of the school, including extra-curricular activities, will result in the removal of the student from the regular school environment until acceptable apparel can be secured for the student. The administration will be the final judge of whether a student’s clothing is appropriate for school. Principals, faculty, and staff members will enforce the dress code.
- All shirts and blouses must cover the midriff (while sitting and arms raised), back, sides, chest, and all undergarments. Blouses/shirts which are not appropriate for school include those which are low-cut, see-through, backless, halter tops, tube tops, spaghetti straps, and tank tops.
- Shirts worn by boys must have sleeves.
- All clothing must be hemmed.
- Shorts, skirts, skorts, and dresses shall not be too tight or too short.
- All trousers, pants, or shorts must be size appropriate, worn at the waist, and cover undergarments, including boxer shorts. No chains allowed on pants.
- All clothing, jewelry, accessories, and personal items shall be free of the following: profanity; violent images, wording or suggestion; sexually suggestive phrases or images; gang related symbols; alcohol, tobacco, drugs or advertisements for such products. Only chains purchased and suitable as jewelry are allowed.
- Extremely tight fitting clothing is not allowed.
- Clothing not properly buttoned, zipped, fastened, or with holes or tears shall not be allowed. Length of trousers shall not be dragging the floor.
- Hats, caps, head covers, scarves, head rags, “do-rags," stocking caps, combs, picks, and head or wrist bands are not permitted.
- Safe and appropriate footwear must be worn. Inappropriate footwear includes, but is not limited to, cleated shoes, skates, skate shoes, bedroom slippers, steel-toed boots, and rubber flip-flops.
- Boys’ hair is to be kept neat, clean, combed and uncovered. It is to be styled so that the hair is kept above the eyebrows. It shall be no longer than chin length in the back (not pinned up or braided). No disruptive hair styles or colors will be worn. No hairstyles may extend more than three inches above the scalp. Wigs and/or hairpieces are not acceptable except for medical reasons. No ponytails will be permitted.
- Girls’ hair must be kept well-groomed with no distracting hair styles or color.
- Sunglasses and shades are not allowed at school.
- Boys are not allowed to wear earrings. Nose, facial, and/or other forms of body piercing are not allowed for anyone.