LaSalle Parish Schools - Grades 6-12
The dress and grooming of LaSalle Parish students shall be neat and clean, promoting a positive, safe educational environment. Apparel that disrupts educational activities and processes of the school, including extra-curricular activities, will result in the removal of the student from the regular school environment until acceptable apparel can be secured for the student. The administration will be the final judge of whether a student’s clothing is appropriate for school. Principals, faculty, and staff members will enforce the dress code.
- All shirts and blouses must cover the midriff (while sitting and arms raised), back, sides, chest, and all undergarments. Blouses/shirts which are not appropriate for school include those which are low-cut, see-through, backless, halter tops, tube tops, spaghetti straps, and tank tops.
- All shirts, tops and dresses shall cover the shoulders.
- Shirts worn by boys must have sleeves and must be tucked in with a belt visible.
- All clothing must be hemmed.
- Shorts must be no shorter than six inches above the knee. Skirts, divided skirts, dresses and culottes can only be four inches above the knee. These garments will be measured with students kneeling. No gym shorts allowed except during P.E. time.
- All trousers, pants, or shorts must be size appropriate, worn at the waist, and cover undergarments, including boxer shorts. No chains allowed on pants.
- All clothing, jewelry, accessories, and personal items shall be free of the following: profanity; violent images, wording or suggestion; sexually suggestive phrases or images; gang related symbols; alcohol, tobacco, drugs or advertisements for such products; and anything else disruptive to the educational process or learning environment. Only chains purchased and suitable as jewelry are allowed.
- Tattoos which are not free of items noted in #7 above must be covered.
- Clothing not properly buttoned, zipped, fastened, or with holes or tears shall not be allowed. Length of trousers shall not be dragging the floor.
- Extremely tight fitting clothing is not allowed.
- Jogging suits or knit warm-up pants, including wind suits, may be worn only in P.E. classes.
- Hats, caps, head covers, scarves, head rags, “do-rags”, stocking caps, combs, picks, and head or wrist bands are not permitted.
- Safe and appropriate footwear must be worn. Inappropriate footwear includes, but is not limited to, cleated shoes, skates, skate shoes, bedroom slippers, steel-toed boots, and rubber flip-flops.
- Trench coats are not allowed.
- Boys’ hair is to be kept neat, clean, combed, uncovered, and out of the eyes. It should be no longer than shoulder length. No disruptive hair styles or colors shall be worn. Wigs and/or hairpieces are not acceptable except for medical reasons. Facial hair is not permitted.
- Girls’ hair is to be kept neat, clean, combed, uncovered, and out of the eyes. No disruptive hair styles or colors shall be worn.
- Sunglasses and shades are not allowed at school.
- Boys are not allowed to wear earrings. Nose, facial, and/or other forms of body piercing are not allowed for anyone.
- Clothing must be safe and appropriate.
Revised and Approved by the Board on 9/12/11