The Louisiana Department of Education offers the following free resources on its website at www.louisianaschools.net:
- Assessment Guides- The Assessment Guides, available to educators, contain descriptions of the test design and content, with reference sheets, sample items, and rubrics.
- EAGLE- Web-based resource offering pre-developed tests and tools for creating customized teacher-developed tests using items aligned to the state's Grade Level Expectations (GLEs). This tool is available at any time to teachers and administrators.
- Practice Assessment/Strengthening Skills (PASS) Online- Web-based practice tests with instructional feedback based on student responses. PASS practice tests are designed to help Louisiana students prepare for the LEAP, GEE, Integrated Louisiana Educational Assessment Program (iLEAP), LEAP Alternate Assessment Level 2 (LAA 2), and End-of-Course (EOC) tests. PASS Online includes tests in English Language Arts (ELA), math, science, and social studies. Students may obtain a password to access this online resource through their school or by calling 1-877-453-2721.
- PASS On Paper- Practice tests provided for students in grades 4, 8, 10 and 11 who may not have access to a home computer. Students may download and print copies of the PASS On Paper tests, which offer lessons that are similar to those found on the state's ELA, math, science and social students assessments.
- Newton's Classroom-Web-based math tutorials and assessments for students in grades 1-8. Newton's Classroom is an interactive online program that addresses place value, rounding, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals, and percents, as well as addition/subtraction of fractions and multiplication/division of fractions. A read-aloud (audio) function is available for place value and rounding. Also included is an interactive multiplication flash card component with detailed student reports to help students recall multiplication facts quickly. Students may obtain a password to participate through their school or by calling 1-877-453-2721.
- Reading Runway-This resource is a reading tutorial for students in grades Pre-K-3. The program encourages the development of phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, oral language, and comprehension. Students may obtain a password to participate through their school or by calling 1-877-453-2721.
- Released Test Items-Examples of standardized test items and rubrics for instructional use in the classroom or at home.
- Sample Test Books- These books are for students in 4th, 8th, 10th and 11th grades and contain items similar to those on the LEAP and GEE. Sample Test Books for 4th grade may be accessed here; 8th grade, here; 10th grade, here; and 11th grade, here.